Re: [LAU] New song

From: Llewellyn Beasley <llewellynbeasley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 30 2009 - 11:41:23 EEST

Thanks Julien and Thorsten,

I appreciate the input, guys. The vocals don't actually sing lyrics, rather
it's a vocal "ooh" that's triggered via keyboard (I think the rhythmic synth
you're referring to is actually my voice), I'm having a lot of trouble
mixing this one so there will probably be a new version of it at some point
that sounds clearer. As for the synth in the middle section, I could
possibly develop it into a solo but I decided to leave it as I'm much more
of a guitarist than a keyboard player and the quality of the playing would
probably be very low. Haha.

I do have a GK3 Midi pickup in one of my guitars though so I might be able
to do something with that.

I was a bit worried it dragged for a little long and was considering adding
some more to it but I'm a bit worried about making it too busy and kinda
wanna leave it minimalist, I think I might leave it for a day or 2 and try
and get a new perspective on the piece.

I'm a big fan of Symphony X, can't get enough of Michael Romeo's guitar
playing. Hahahaha.

Cheers,
Llewellyn