Re: [LAU] New song

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sun Aug 30 2009 - 11:32:05 EEST

He Llewellyn!
   I rather liked the piece. Although I must say it sounds a bit repetitive.
But first things first. I feel the rhythmic synth in the left speaker is a bit
to loud. It comes too much into the foreground, where it's style suggests,
that it is a nice background component.
   When you get the distorted synth in (right speaker) you also do a repetitive
pattern on it. I thought it might be nicer to have it develope into a solo.
Gives the piece something new and developing.
   I'd also say: shorten it a bit, or play more with the arrangement. Tiny
things might do a lot of good. Like when the breaks (with only one guitar)
come up, use two guitars in the next break, playing exactly the same or only
stressing single notes of the complete pattern. Insert some solo/melody
instrument.
   And yes: I didn't find the vocals either. Must have got lost on the way.
Perhaps they are the clue, we now missed out on, in terms of development.
   But to make certain you keep my overall opinion: I liked it. Good recording
and in the beginning it sounds a bit progressive rock. :-)
   Hope you and your father are alright and that you still can enjoy Dream
Theatre - or was it Symphony X? -!
   Friednly regards
            Julien

--------