Re: [LAU] New song

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 30 2009 - 11:19:33 EEST

On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 22:11 -0700, Llewellyn Beasley wrote:

> The guitars are played by me and recorded in Ardour, the vocals are
> mine but I sampled them and triggered them using Specimen and my
> keyboard, I played all the synths which are mostly VSTs but there is
> some ZynAddSubFX in there too. All the midi was recorded into
> Rosegarden and the drums are Addictive Drums again triggered by my
> keyboard. Very interested in hearing comments and such.
>
> http://www.slavetothesun.com/drupal/sites/default/files/08%20-%20Slave
> %20To%20The%20Sun%20-%20Untitled_0.mp3

There are vocals in there? :)

I would play with the 2 identical guitar notes at the end of bars,
leaving one out each second iteration, or something like that.

Drums seem to be very late on 2 and 4.

I would shorten the whole piece (taking from each part, to not change
the overall arrangement). It's nice stuff, but seems a bit stretched out
to me.

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: