Re: [LAU] ableton live in vmware

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 31 2009 - 10:47:04 EEST

On 08/31/2009 04:35 PM, Atte Andre Jensen wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>

>> more than this. AL was written in part based on its initial authors'
>> experiences with other DAWs and represented an attempt to create an
>> all-in-one package that would meet what they believed were the
>> emerging workflow demands of "modern artists".
>>
> I find it interesting that you participate in this thread, Paul.
>
> Some people here (more or less) desperately need a similar application
> for linux. With all the talk about "which project should we hijack and
> hack into something live-ish", do you see any future for ardour in this
> direction?

I think that the idea is not to hack things but to integrate the
expected functionality. the main problem is that AL has established an
interface standard and although many people have found they can do just
as much with jack and their favourite apps many more would rather see a
more unified approach.

I personally feel that hydrogen in combination with one of the file
based loopers will be a very powerful combination with a few relatively
easy extensions to the existing Hydrogen interface.

I am also now very interested in what Niklas is working on.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd