Re: [LAU] ableton live in vmware

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 31 2009 - 16:20:33 EEST

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:35 AM, Atte Andre Jensen<atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> more than this. AL was written in part based on its initial authors'
>> experiences with other DAWs and represented an attempt to create an
>> all-in-one package that would meet what they believed were the
>> emerging workflow demands of "modern artists".
>
> I find it interesting that you participate in this thread, Paul.
>
> Some people here (more or less) desperately need a similar application
> for linux. With all the talk about "which project should we hijack and
> hack into something live-ish", do you see any future for ardour in this
> direction?

Ardour is an open source project. I have enough work in the queue to
keep me busy for at least two years, so for me personally, I don't
really anticipate working to make Ardour more "Live-like". That
shouldn't stop anyone else from attempting to do so, although there
are some basic assumptions that would probably need to be revisited
and this would make it hard to do this in a coordinated way without
deliberate and careful collaboration.

--p