Re: [LAU] new music made with linux (and some hardware).. plus a little plug for linux audio ..

From: <sonofzev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 08:56:29 EEST

On Tue Sep 1 15:43 , Leigh Dyer sent:

>sonofzev@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> I've released some more music, mixed with Ardour...
>>
>> http://www.junodownload.com/products/1461837-02.htm
>>
>> Here's an interview where I give the community a small plug..
>>
>> http://www.fun-in-the-murky.com/mt/2009/08/son-of-zev---mana-from-melbourne.html
>
>Nice :) It sounds like there's a few of us Melbournians kicking around
>on the list.
>
>Can I ask how you fit Ardour and your MPC together in your workflow? So
>far I've been using Ardour to record and either Rosegarden or Qtractor
>to sequence my synths (some software, but mainly my Blofeld), usually
>just a part at a time. Do you do something similar with the MPC for
>sequencing when recording, or is it mainly for live use?

Sure thing... I use the MPC initially to do the loop sequences.. then use it for
the arrangement.... I do some final linear sequencing (e.g. filter knobs e.t.c..)

I then multitrack record these into Ardour and work on a final mix .. some final
effects, fader automation e.t.c...

The MPC is of course the centre of live performances too..

If you are in Melbourne come and check out one of my gigs... I'm always happy to
chat after my set (I'm often a bit nervy and anti-social before my set)..

info can be found on my myspace page www.myspace.com/sonofzev

or below

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=257987

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=255563