Re: [LAU] jack command line and xml patchbay files

From: David Adler <david.jo.adler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 07 2009 - 17:12:46 EEST

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Grammostola
Rosea<rosea.grammostola@gmail.com> wrote:

>> One option is to write a little script using jack_connect and
>> jack_disconnect for Jack connections (jack_lsp lists avaliable ports)
>> and aconnect for Alsa MIDI
>>
>> Probably easier than writing scripts: jack_snapshot from the 'Affenbande'.
>> http://tapas.affenbande.org/wordpress/?page_id=14
>> I've never tried it myself though.
>>

> Thanks for the hint:
>
> $ make
> g++ jack_snapshot.cc -o jack_snapshot `pkg-config jack --libs`
> jack_snapshot.cc: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
> jack_snapshot.cc:21: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
> jack_snapshot.cc:35: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
> jack_snapshot.cc:113: error: ‘strncpy’ was not declared in this scope
> make: *** [jack_snapshot] Error 1

The same here, this seems to be related to "a major header cleanup in
GCC 4.3", at least that's what a web search revealed.

After adding the following to the include section of jack_snapshot.cc
it compiles.

#include <string.h>
#include <cstdlib>

if this is an unsound solution, someone please tell me. I have no
background knowledge.

by the way, thanks for reminding me of this app, it seems to be a
simple and very helpful tool.

best,