Re: [LAU] Recording of my new band.

From: <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 22:09:21 EEST

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:01:13 +1000
Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Thanks everyone for the help getting the recording stuff for my band.
> We have now recorded quite a bit of stuff, just simple jam recordings
> in Ardour. Here is one of the covers we did, of The Magnetic Fields.
> Using 3 mics, 2 on guitar in x-y and one on vocals. Tell me what you
> think of the vocalists singing too, and well, my guitar playing ;)
>
> http://yoyo.its.monash.edu.au/~loki/The_Turncoats-The_Book_Of_Love.mp3
>
> Loki

I wonder where the noise comes from, but I like the song. It may be
tighter if played by the singer, it's kind of a perfect one-man-show
singer songwriter tune.

Do both the guitar and the vocals play in the same room? I may imagine
that but it seems detached (well, could be same as above).
Not sure the x-y on the guitar helped or not.

Philipp