Re: [LAU] As promised!

From: Steve Fosdick <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 21:12:22 EEST

On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 19:54 -0700, Norval Watson wrote:

> Hi Will,
> That's a nice song with a nice melody and vocals - if you're up for a critical comment, maybe a little too nice?
> The synth pad is a bit lush for a mournful song. Sparse would be better. And I'd be playing with the EQ on the voice to bring up the low-mids and cut down on the nasal higher tones.
> Maybe cut one verse, and throw in a bridge to suggest a wistful look out the window...
> But I liked it!
> Cheers
> Norv

I'd be interested to hear the difference that EQ suggestions makes.

To Will, you've got more tone the low notes - the G2 and A2 - than I
would have if I tried singing it but it still sounds as if that is
getting pretty low for you. Did you chose that key because you wanted
it to sound like that or for some other reason?

Overall I liked it.

Regards,
Steve.