Re: [LAU] [Zynaddsubfx-user] zyn and the art of software maintenance

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 00:40:43 EEST

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 06:38:43 +1000
cal <cal@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Folderol wrote:
> > [ ... ]
> >
> > First stab at ccmake . gave the error 'Empty cache', but when I did a
> > plain cmake . by mistake, the repeated ccmake . lo and behold editable
> > fields magically appeared.
> >
> > Anothe run as cmake . told my that 'unset' in CMakeLists.txt was not
> > recognised, so I commented out the three lines from No. 63.
> >
> > After that I got the complaint that also was not there - well it damn
> > well is :) The script was being too optimistic. The alsa version I'm
> > running is 1.0.16 and changing the script to accept that seems to work.
> >
> > Initial results running the synth are very good indeed. However there
> > is a problem with reverb -> initial delay. It always comes up at 40,
> > and changing the control has no effect at all. This is particularly
> > noticeable with Wet Brass in Raspberry Jam where there are very short
> > stabbing chords.
> >
> > I'll do some more testing hopefully tomorrow, but I must say it is
> > looking very promising indeed.
>
> Fixed reverb initial delay & friends, hopefully made the cmake build more
> accommodating, and sorted a couple of untidy string transgressions.
>
> Update 0.009, <http://www.graggrag.com/?q=node/19>
>
> cheers.

Well I gave this one my best shot - spent all evening trying to compile
it but had to give up in the end. It complains that there is no fltk -
fluid executable. Well, there is exactly the same one that v 0.008
compiled with :(

This time I couldn't even work out where to fudge around in the
scripts to try to force it to work :((

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk