Re: [LAU] Fluidsynth versus Qsynth, .sf2 versus .gig

From: Viktor Mastoridis <viktor@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 01:07:22 EEST

Thanks for this, guys.

You are right, .gig is superior to sf2.

But how/where should one record/edit gig-drums?

Hydrogen doesn't import gig's.
Rosegarden and Qtractor don't have dedicated drum editors (although
rosegarden has its inner LinuxSampler plugin which is good for melodic
instruments only)

The only midi sequencer that has a drum editor and can work with giga-files
as far as I know is Muse. But I can't figure out how to create a separate
channel for each of the instruments, with the option to control the
vol/pan/fx.

Any ideas here?

vm