Re: [LAU] which audio synthesis environment?

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 23 2009 - 02:33:00 EEST

rosea grammostola schrieb:
> Malte Steiner wrote:
>> Do you really think you can create something interesting these days with
>> riding presets?
>>
>> A bit of more sonic creativity can spice up every genre.
> I agree with you, all though it's not black and white only...
nor 0 and 1 :)

> How much presets does a acoustic piano have in general?

many. I did several socalled prepared piano pieces although I wouldnt
want to treat a Bösendorfer with screws. Its incredible how synthlike,
nearly like FM a piano can sound with screws and erasers between the
strings. My plan B for postapocalyptic days...

> Some wants to make music, not instruments.
Indeed, I know that argument. It comes often paired with stuff like Pure
Data or Csound or SuperCollider.

Cheers,

Malte

--