Re: [LAU] Musical Score Editors - some advice for beginners

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 24 2009 - 22:12:44 EEST

On Thursday 24 September 2009 19:45:20 david wrote:
> David Baron wrote:
> > rosegarden also does scoring. I found it nearly impossible to use for
> > this. It is one of the most complete DAW programs in linux but is now
> > dated, stuck with KDE3, could not run on KDE4. Being converted to QT4?
> Yes. Although some of us do not necessarily consider QT4 a good thing.

Yeah, its a pity Qt isn't ported to that Emacs-OS-thing...

Seriously, its just a tool-set. It doesn't matter which brand of hammer you
use, if you get the nail to hold the picture, all is fine. Don't dismiss the
craftsmen for using the tools he uses.
Some people like the fact that Qt is usable on a lot of platforms without
changing a single line of code. Some people like the fact that it integrates
perfectly into the host-OS gui-wise. And some people like the fact that while
they are free to write open-source with Qt, they can also buy professional
support from the manufacturer.

Arnold