Re: [LAU] jconv settings

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Sun Sep 27 2009 - 17:04:43 EEST

Brett McCoy wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 6:02 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> 1. To create a 'natural' sound, i.e. one that includes
>> the acoustics of a real space, or something that could
>> be a real space. In most cases, if the 'real space' is
>> not something special such as a church, the listener
>> would not really be aware of the reverb and certainly
>> not hear it as an effect. It would just add realism,
>> provide a idea of the dimensions of the space, and
>> create depth - some instruments being closer than others.
>> This is what you would do for classical music and in
>> general for anything called 'acoustic'. In that case,
>> if you start with dry recordings, you would add reverb
>> on *all* instruments and voices, but not the same amount
>> on all.
>
> I tried out jconv last night, on some recordings of my wife playing
> flute, using the aux send method (since I hadf multiple tracks). It
> sounded *awesome*, very lush and added some real depth to the
> recordings. It's exactly what I need for choral and orchestral music.

yeah, jconv is the best-sounding convolver in the world.
the clarity of its fft, the warmth of the multiplications, and the
effortless fulminance of the inverse fft add a lustre to strings and
percussions, and the tightness of the fundamentals is in a league of its
own. ever since i had my cpu socket gold-plated, i've been able to
appreciate it in full.

>;->

(sorry, i'm bored today. NOI. obviously, it's the sound of the IRs you
are describing...)