Re: [LAU] phasex-0.12.0-pre1

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 30 2009 - 15:17:37 EEST

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 04:55:27 -0700 (PDT)
William Weston <weston@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Announcing phasex-0.12.0-pre1:
>
> The pre-release is here. It's stable. It builds cleanly. No build
> errors or warnings. No runtime errors or crashes. No glitches.
> If no bugs are found in the next week, then this code (with the
> addition of some brand-new patches) will become the stable release.

Just gave this a quick spin (after a long absence). Running on a dual
core athlon under 64studio 3 - beta (with some lenny upgrades).

No problems at all compiling or running so far, but not done anything
really in depth. Very pleased to see it is now polyphonic and
multi-instance

A couple of comments for the future:
How about either a 'clear all' feature or a default patch with just one
oscillator with the simplest possible envelope and no filters etc.?

As far as I can see there is no way to switch off delay completely.
There always seems to be some echo. How about having time being
settable to zero indicating no delay signal at all?

I recommend promoting it to both debian and 64studio :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk