Re: [LAU] From audio synthesis environment to plugin

From: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 04 2009 - 19:38:02 EEST

hollunder@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> The issue is VST which is controlled by Steinberg and will always be at
> least legal trouble.
Ok VST is a problem, that's why I started this thread... but not many
ontopic replies yet.

[OT]You can complain about VST which isn't free, but software
development is not always free.
The Linux Audio community should find a way to pay developers who
writing useful GPL code imho.
Ardour is a good start, but we also need as good as possible instrument
plugins and good websites to find them and documentation to use them...[/OT]

But the question in this thread is whether or not the synthesis
environment plugins (like csoundladspa) are a solution of having little
good instrument plugins on Linux.

\r