Re: [LAU] The Drummer's Gigsaw: upgrade + BOOGIE-BASE.

From: Philippe Hezaine <philippe.hezaine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 00:38:18 EEST

Peter Geirnaert a écrit :

> When I run gvim 0-run-process, I get these errors:
>
> ** (gvim:5929): CRITICAL **: gtk_form_set_static_gravity: assertion
> `static_gravity_supported' failed
>
> ** (gvim:5929): CRITICAL **: gtk_form_set_static_gravity: assertion
> `static_gravity_supported' failed
>
> ** (gvim:5929): CRITICAL **: gtk_form_set_static_gravity: assertion
> `static_gravity_supported' failed
>
> ** (gvim:5929): CRITICAL **: gtk_form_set_static_gravity: assertion
> `static_gravity_supported' failed
>
> ** (gvim:5929): CRITICAL **: gtk_form_set_static_gravity: assertion
> `static_gravity_supported' failed
> peter@avlinux:~/Drummer-s-Gigsaw/MA-BASE$
>
> But, gvim runs fine and I can paste the command
>
> so /home/peter/Drummer-s-Gigsaw/00-Modeles-pistes-separees/00-automate.vim

After a google search I found this:
There is a patch from Bram Moolenaar
http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.257
gvim works fine otherwise, it's just annoying to get these warnings.
The editor seems to work ok despite the message.

> after which gvim exits and I get a new midifile in the MA-BASE
> directory: MY-SONG+veloc.midi, this time a midifile containing multiple
> tracks (=pistes separees).
> 18 to be precize.
> In QTractor, it looks like they are named after the sound they're about.
>
> The initial MY-SONG isn't really exciting drumming, and with all the
> different speeds and patterns, doesn't sound like a song, that would be
> nice to see improved ...
>
> Is it meant this way, so the user would be motivated to improve the song
> and read on?
> Lol, cool.

It's a basic demo, mainly for learning how the Gigsaw is working.
It's up to the user to do its own song. Gradually I'm filling the BASES
which give you the material for that. I'll explain contributions later.
Next months I also plan to try ALSA MIDI Humanizer by Cesare Marilungo.
But for now I'm very glad you succeed in running the Gigsaw.
Cheers.

--
   Phil.
Superbonus-Project (Site principal) <http://superbonus.project.free.fr>