Re: [LAU] lmms static through jackd

From: <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 10 2009 - 13:06:25 EEST

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:51:50 +0800
Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > they're more interested in porting lmms to window
> > than to fix jack issues
> No, the Windows port was a byproduct partly made possible by Qt4 :)
> The JACK issue was there from the beginning, I had approached them
> some 2 years ago to whine (thinking it was PEBKAC). It's something
> they don't really have a solution to, so someone can enlighten them
> or send in a patch.

Sure it was made possible by Qt4, point is that they put more effort
into porting it to windows than to fix existing issues, and there
really are plenty, not only jack related. In my eyes it's a mountain of
bugs held together by a shiny GUI.
Of course coming from someone who doesn't write any useful software
that could be seen as an offence, but it should not be taken personal.