Re: [LAU] Controllers and stuff for live performance

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 15 2009 - 13:16:01 EEST

philicorda wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 15:13 +0200, Carlos Sanchiavedraz wrote:
>
>> So you say something like to achieve little variations of notes
>> ("vibrato" alike) depending on the key/finger movement, isn't it? I
>> think there is something like that in really expensive
>> keyboards/controllers, but not sure.
>
> Some of the older Yamaha organs have this.
> The D-85 has a synth keyboard with 'side to side' sensitivity that can
> be routed to filter/LFOs etc. No midi as it's a monophonic analog synth.
> The whole keyboard moves as you shift your fingers.
>
> I'm mentioning it as these old organs can be sometimes bought for next
> to nothing, and it's a helluva lot of sound for the money! Not that far
> from a GX1. :)
>
> http://www.electone.com/museum/index.html?i=290

That's interesting. I wonder if such a keyboard could be midified,
perhaps some real time pitch recognition that could map pitch changes to
MIDI notes and some degree of pitch shift to control events? Probably
would have to be set for pitch shifting to make that work ...

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden