[LAU] Controllers and stuff for live performance

From: Carlos Sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 11 2009 - 20:36:55 EEST

Hi dear folks.

I would like to do some kind of a survey to know about configs, setups,
controllers, etc that you have come to over the years and based on your own
experience. (Well, I already know some of yours for your mails on the list)

It's usual to see piano keyboards and controller boards, i.e. Behringer
BCF/BCR2000 or FCB1010.

But more than this kind of consumer products, which I know many of them, I'm
rather interested in something like (inexpensive and) strange MIDI
controllers, pedal boards, Arduinos, DIY HW... that allow controlling and
have interaction with applications, whether it's Ardour, Rosegarden,
Freewheeling, Sooperlooper, Pd, Supercolider, Mixxx ...

Why this? I've been willing for a long time now to buy an audio interface
with MIDI and maybe some controller, but at the moment I'm still stuck with
just my keyboard and mouse; it's ok with DAWs but an inconvenient when using
live loopers (most of all when playing guitar, and without a MIDI
interface).

Thanks in advance.

--
Carlos "sanchiavedraz"