Re: [LAU] Controllers and stuff for live performance

From: Michal Seta <mis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 07:46:48 EEST

Hey,

Here's my take at adapting a USB joystick (purchased second hand, $20
for a pair) as a "controller" for my guitar. I actually performed
with that thing. The thumb sticks were replaced by photocells so that
by waving my hand in front (and changing the intensity of light
reaching the components) I could control some continuous parameters.
The buttons of the pad were mapped to various things, depending on the
"preset".

http://tinyurl.com/yzgrzvp

It was all hooked up to pd in which most of the audio processing took
place except for some presents where the buttons controlled a
sooperlooper instance via OSC.

I have now decided to give up the USB joystick on that instrument and
try to figure something out with the wiimote which is a lot of fun to
play with. The other usual contender is an iPod Touch/iPhone even if
mostly used in connection with OSC.

Have fun digging, there are a lot of fun projects around.

./MiS