Re: [LAU] Better SF2 player wanted

From: Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 15 2009 - 15:24:02 EEST
Dave Phillips wrote:
Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:

fluidsynth (with or without qsynth) will obviously play SF2 files very
well -- but it eats up the entire MIDI bank, it refuses to operate on
less than 16 MIDI channels.  My keyboard controller will transmit on
only 16 channels.  I am not going to give up my entire keyboard
controller range to fluidsynth.

Any better SF2 players which will do Jack?  Anyone have a Timidity++
command line to try?  Options ???

Have you considered SoundCrab ?

    http://www.anticore.org/jucetice/?page_id=7

Best,

dp

I don't believe it.  Four good and simple ways to get this done!  I haven't done more than fool a bit with VST, but this may push me there :-)

J.E.B.