Re: [LAU] bug in qjackctl 0.3.5

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 18 2009 - 16:08:20 EEST

Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> It seems when you quit from the system tray icon (right-click->Quit),
> qjackctl fails to execute script that is supposed to run after shutdown
> (set on the options tab in the settings). Perhaps some timeout is
> missing in there?
>
> BTW, quitting from the regular GUI seems to work fine.

well, it is working here as advertised--one of us is missing something... :)

my qjackctl (0.3.5.3 on cvs head, btw) does run the post-shutdown script
either from main-gui quit button or from system tray's icon context
menu. it always does it synchronously, waiting for the script to
complete execution before stopping for good.

maybe you're spawning some child process(es) in the background from your
script that gets abruptly killed when parent qjackctl actually terminates ?

seeya

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden