Re: [LAU] LinuxSampler: success

From: Guru Prasad B. R. <prasadbrg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 21 2009 - 06:42:02 EEST

Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> Looking pretty good. I imagine there is a much better way, but I don't
> know what it is. It turns out that JSampler did create an
> instruments.db automatically -- but it did not "format" it. After I
> formatted it, using (JSampler only, not Q) Window/Instruments Database,
> then Actions/Format Database, both J and Q began working perfectly.

Nice, Jonathan!
 I've had similar problems with the debs on ubuntu (can't remember if
the errors were of the same nature.. .it was quite a while back). But I
remember that compiling from source, the way Gabriel suggested, made
things work. Also, I've never tried JSampler, and I use Qsampler only
for my initial production work, to generate the .lscp file containing
the stock instruments I use in a performance, assigned to respective
audio & midi channels. In the actual performance, LS is fired up from
command line (actually, in a batch script).
  ... Which reminds me, I need to do the compilation all over again for
AVLinux, which is currently downloading! ;).
Jonathan, please do keep us informed about the stability of LS, under
various conditions...
Cheers,

Guru