Re: [LAU] yet another yoshimi bug fix, -> 0.022

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 21 2009 - 13:19:39 EEST

Am Sonntag 18 Oktober 2009 03:31:49 schrieb Jonathan E. Brickman:
> Probably is it. Take out -msse and -msse2 and -mfpmath=sse, and see
> what it does.
>
> Thanks for that hint - got it running now without those flags. :)
>

> Hmm. Why?
>
> What is wrong with the code that SSE breaks?
>
> -ken
>
> Nothing wrong with the code. The hardware being used included an AthlonXP
> CPU, some models of which do not have SSE or SSE2, but instead have an
> older technology, 3Dnow, only. It is possible that using -m3dnow instead
> of all of those might help some. There is no -mfpmath=3dnow, though, I
> checked the gcc docs.
>
> J.E.B.

Well mine says it supports SSE only, but removing either of -msse2 or -
mfpmath=sse resulted in some compiler error about a headerfile IIRC, i had to
remove all the three options ccmake had chosen by default...

No time these days to investigate further. Will stay like that for at least
1-2 weeks as we are doing a bit of house renovation.

Edgar