Re: [LAU] RME HDSP 9632 - amixer control

From: Klaus Schulz <kls.schlz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 24 2009 - 17:46:15 EEST

Hi Giso and others.

I managed to get a basic routing working! I wrote a script which initializes
the entire matrix, connects one after another every input to every output
and plays a sound per setting.
I identified my alsainputs on 16/17 and analog outputs on 12/13 for my
analog extension board (out1 out2).

This has not very much to do with the channel assignment I've seen
everywhere.

With the script I can easily scan my setup now.

Finally I need to find out how to get more then 2 channels from Alsa to the
same card without using Jack.

The pity is really that I can not control the attenuation on the hw-outputs
with amixer. I'll do that on the application side.

THX for all the hints so far.

Cheers
\Klaus