Re: [LAU] RME HDSP 9632 - amixer control

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 25 2009 - 03:29:01 EET

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Klaus Schulz <kls.schlz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> The pity is really that I can not control the attenuation on the hw-outputs
> with amixer. I'll do that on the application side.

there is no such control in the hardware. the matrix mixer only
provides gain control for the signal level of a particular source to a
particular output. the idea of "turning down channel 13" doesn't exist
as an individual idea in this h/ w design - you have to turn down
everything that feeds channel 13 instead.