Re: [LAU] A bright sparkly little tune from me

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 26 2009 - 21:38:39 EET

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:37:38 +0000
Garry Ogle <garry.ogle@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Folderol wrote:
>
> > I defy anyone to be miserable after hearing this!
>
> The ice melted, the shadows receded, and a smile lit up my twisted face! :-)
> A bright sparkly little tune indeed. Nice one, Will.
>
> I think this came up before, but whenever I listen to one of your tunes
> I can almost see the accompanying video. I'm not quite sure why, but I
> find your music - how can I put it - cinematically suggestive.
> Do you write with visual ideas in mind?

Thanks again Garry.

Yes I do usually have an image in my mind when I compose a new song.
Sometimes a little sequence suggests a scene which I then build on
other times it's a scene which sets a mood that the notes will fall
into.

In this case it was a collage of ballroom dance, village fairground and
marching band.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk