[LAU] ALSA to pulseaudio

From: Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 28 2009 - 01:15:05 EET

Anyone here have perhaps some more hints to get alsa route its output
to jackd?

Yes, you use pulseaudio, which can exit through JACK. The ALSA JACK
plugin has a very bad reputation and has never really worked great.

Pulseaudio will then show up as a JACK client so all your ALSA apps will
transmit to pulseaudio, which then exits in JACK land.

Well, it is clear that I have to do something different than pure Jack/ALSA.  I'll try Pulse, although Pulse's reputation for low latency isn't exactly stellar.  What should my asound.conf (.asoundrc) look like, to route all ALSA apps' output through Pulse?

J.E.B.