Re: [LAU] qsynth error

From: Viktor Mastoridis <viktor@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 28 2009 - 23:39:21 EET

> When I start qsynth I get this message:
> Qsynth1: Failed to create the audio driver (jack).
> Cannot continue without it.
> I am running on gentoo (AMD64)
> Thanks.

Do you have jack installed and running? On Gentoo jack isn't installed by
default and I am not too familiar with Gentoo to get you to do it.

But going down the lane, by your question, I need to ask you the following:
Are you a beginner in the Linux Audio world?
If yes, and you are just starting with Linux audio, I could recommend that
you search and try some distros that are maybe easier to handle at the
beginning? Like Ubuntu Studio, or AVLinux?

--
Viktor Mastoridis
Music-o-Graph