Re: [LAU] Adding music to a avi video clip (Blender)

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 30 2009 - 23:58:54 EET

Le Vendredi, 30 Oct 2009 11:25:07 +0000,
Viktor Mastoridis <viktor@mastoridis.co.uk> a écrit :

> What are then the ways to add music to a video clip ?
>
> For simple and quick video+music I use Kdenlive. It does not use
> jack, but importing and editing a/v clips is intuitive and easy.
> Plus, it gives you wide array of exporting formats with a press of a
> button.

Based on replies I got I thought of the following flow (still to be
tested):

 1) Use xjadeo to jack-sync Ardour to the video clip
 2) Make multi-track music synced to the video
 3) Export music as some sound file (probably wav and perhaps 44.1)
 4) Use either kino or Kdenlive to load the clip
 5) Add the whole soundtrack along the clip
 6) Save the whole thing in the desired format

This is not dubbing, so some eventual (?) slight variations in time are
OK. Am looking forward to try it, but now I have to compile xjadeo
since it is seemingly not available for Fedora 8 x86_64.

Cheers.