Re: [LAU] Tags, please!

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 31 2009 - 13:24:29 EET

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:54:32 +1100
James Cameron <quozl@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 08:41:32AM +0000, Viktor Mastoridis wrote:
> > But it's difficult to beat the excitement of the moment: you finalize
> > your track, upload it, share it, and a few minutes later, someone
> > (probably) on the other side of your spot in the globe is listening to
> > it and possibly commenting.
>
> Indeed. I'm sure I'd prefer to hear your music rather than wait for it
> to be tagged right. ;-)
>
> When I was last asked for tags, I just tagged and uploaded it again ...
> once you know how, it's as trivial as changing something about the mix.
>
> If you're not sure if the upload will interfere with concurrent
> downloads by others (worst case they get a truncated file), then upload
> to a new name and publish that.
>
> I upload with rsync, and as a result a concurrent downloader will get
> either the old file or the new file. It's a neat option, if available.

I know only to well what it's like when you've just finished your latest
work and are excited about getting it heard :)

However, tagging your songs also means that people can look out for
more of your work.

I use easytag, and have a template 'empty' ogg so I can quickly copy
everything except the title.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk