Re: [LAU] Aeolus startup problem (was Prog rock instrumental)

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 01 2009 - 18:48:49 EET

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:01:46PM -0400, drew Roberts wrote:
> On Saturday 31 October 2009 01:12:57 Ken Restivo wrote:
> > I am sorry, but when it comes to sample-able, beautifully musical exhaust
> > notes, nobody beats the Italians.
> >
> > -ken, former owner of a 1982 Alfa Spider Veloce with a 1974 exhaust and
> > headers.
>
> OK, if you can arrange someone to record some for the opening of this song it
> would be appreciated: http://kompoz.com/p/8617

Alas, I had to sell the car almost 10 years ago, and I've long since lost touch with the local Alfa owner's club. IIRC, back in the day, there was an Alfa mailing list and a webring, so maybe you could jump onto one of those lists and find someone with a classic Alfa who could sample it for you.

I recall stumbling across samples of a Ferrarri winding out, which is a great sound too.

-ken