Re: [LAU] Advice on Multiple Volume Settings

From: Kenneth Jacker <khj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 02 2009 - 15:43:34 EET

It is with considerable regret and much embarrassment that I am
only now writing regarding all the posted responses to my *ancient*
(2009 Aug 19!) query! :(

I really *do* appreciate all the suggestions from many of this
ML's members.

Overall, it appears that the situation is quite complex:
volume, hardware/software, s/n ratio, distortion, DACs, etc.

I.e., no easy answer or "best practice".

These comments, however, seemed to stand out:

 | Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
 |
 | Either way I find I am constantly adjusting the levels
 | to meet the situation.

and

 | Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
 |
 | You actually want to set all the volumes apart from the last one
 | to a high value.

Time permitting, I intend to re-read all the comments and try to
decide on just what approach I will take.

Again, sorry for the long delay, and *thanks* for all those who took
the time to share their experiences with me and the ML!

  -Kenneth