Re: [LAU] What kind of sample(er)s etc for classical music

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 03 2009 - 03:04:40 EET

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Lorenzo <lsutton@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I'de like to have some info/pointers on samples for classical music
> (especially orchestra) in the situations when one has to provide a
> 'virtual' performance.

If I were in your shoes, and had VERY deep pockets, I would be more
inclined to look at the Muse Receptor, in one of their bundled
configurations:

http://www.museresearch.com/receptor2_komplete_inside.php

Doing something like this would give you access to Kontakt, which is a
very popular sampler right now.

These machines are definitely pro quality, but expensive. However, I
would much rather buy something like this than buy a computer,
install/configure Windows, install the sample library, etc. With
something like this, you could take it out on the road and not mess up
your computer.

Bonus feature: It runs Linux. :) I think some of the Muse folks
hang out on this list, so you might want to talk to them.

(Disclaimer: I do not work for Muse, I do not own a Receptor. I want
to, tho. :)

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com