Re: [LAU] A little piece in Swedish

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 05 2009 - 00:10:03 EET

Hi Scott,

2009/11/4 Scott <lau@email-addr-hidden>

> Robert Jonsson wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > The wierdest things pop out of my head from time to time. Can't say
> > this is the kind of music I listen to, but out it came and I'm quite
> > happy with it so far.
>
> The recording quality is awesome.

Thanks :) I'm getting to the point where I am mostly satisfied with the
production part. Though as people often comment, I tend to over-compress.
Probably I will find in a few days when I listen to this that I have
overdone it here too...

> How did you record the guitar? Did you mic a cabinet or do direct? In
> either case, can you describe your setup?

Neither I would say. The guitars are through a PODxt, hence lined directly.
The sound I used is nearly clean, I prefer it that way, too much distortion
will make the guitars impossible to place in the mix.
Another aspect is is that most of the different guitars are recorded twice
and heavily panned left/right.
I'm not a perfectionist so there is a fair bit of "diversity" in the
guitars. ;)

Thanks for listening
/Robert