Re: [LAU] Re : zyn/yoshimi on EEE netbook

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 10 2009 - 03:11:44 EET

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 6:38 PM, cal <cal@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Top menus, File -> Settings -> Main Settings -> OscilSize.

ok, I found that this was set at 2048. just to eliminate some
variables, here's what I've done:

1. plug the netbook in, just so it won't be starving the cpu to powersave
2. hook up my edirol ua-25ex, just to eliminate hardware issues (I
heard Intel HDA sucks)

first blush, things are looking good but there are xruns all over the
place, so I installed the linux-rt kernel from the ubuntu repos.
eventually, yoshimi zombies, so I reboot into my new kernel.

zombies at every patch switch. adjusted the OscilSize just for
giggles, but it didn't do any good. my only thoughts at this point is
that this netbook just might be too little power for this application.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com