[LAU] Posting style (was: Re: Autotuner for Linux?)

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 20:52:22 EET

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 12:23 -0500, Ricardus Vincente wrote:

> People need to get over their aversion to this top-posting thing.

No.

> If I have been
> following the thread, I know what the flow of conversation has been, and
> appreciate the most recent reply at the TOP of the message, so I do not
> have to scroll through miles of text to find it.

If that is the case, why quote anything at all?

Of course, proper bottom pasting style includes throwing out everything
not directly relevant to a reply.

Anyway, this is not about your personal preferences. Bottom posting is
the accepted norm here and not doing so breaks consistency and I
consider it disrepectful.

http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html

--
Thorsten Wilms