Re: [LAU] open hw soundcard (was Re: status usb2 for sound)

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 13 2009 - 23:56:44 EET

On Friday 13 November 2009 22:37:33 fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> - If you want the soundcard to lock to a reference provided by
> the master (PC), all you have is the timing of Ethernet
> messages. For example the PC could send a message every
> millisecond.

Is this possible? Despite the fact that some operating systems don't provide
that granularity, there is the outgoing network layers involved and the
incoming layers on the receivers side. I don't think these are both with a
delay constant enough to be usable as a timing source for a-d-conversion.

Arnold