Re: [LAU] ubuntu 9.10 RT and Jack

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 00:45:10 EET

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Gary Morgan <gmorgan777@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I've asked about this on the ubuntu forums to little avail...just wondering
> what you guys might think. Far from a professor of linux audio, but I'm
> getting more and more into it.

FYI, one thing that stumped me was that Ubuntu (9.10 anyway) doesn't
add the current user to the audio group. typically we setup our
/etc/security/limits.conf to allow for the audio group, hence the user
doesn't get the advantages. be sure to check and see if you are a
member of the audio group first, then you can move on to other
troubleshooting.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com