Re: [LAU] OT: online music promition/what do you think of bandcamp?

From: nescivi <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 06:07:46 EET

Hiho,

On Monday 16 November 2009 12:02:21 torbenh wrote:
> so i decided to install a binary from adobe.

I tried, I went to the site they pointed me to, and then only found a 32bit
download link for Linux.

> http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/libflashplayer-10.0.3
> 2.18.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz
>
> this is an archive with just an .so ... put it into
> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/

Thanks, I installed it.
And found that I already had one installed, through a symlink pointing from
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/flash-mozzilla.so
/etc/alternatives/flash-mozilla.so
/usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
So, actually I already had it installed!

Doesn't solve the issue with watching Facebook videos though...
... nor YouTube for that matter.

Or should I reboot before trying out again?

> (i am using iceweasel too)
> use flashblock plugin, and its ok, because you control, which flash
> components you want to see, and which not.

I couldn't find this one.

sincerely,
Marije