[LAU] OT: online music promition/what do you think of bandcamp?

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 15 2009 - 15:48:18 EET

Hi

I'm about to release my second (physical) made-with-linux CD, and am
starting to think about ways to promote the music online. I'm not gonna
get rich of this, I know, but I spend time and money creating the music,
and I really think the product is worth actual money.

Anyways, I created a bandcamp site, since that seems to open
possibilities for "fans" to pay for the download and I seems to be able
to control this in a quite a lot of detail.

My questions are: Any experiences with bandcamp would be greatly
appreciated! Do you allow free downloads, and if so are you making any
money? How about as a "customer", do you like bandcamp, how many are
doing the i-leave-when-i-see-a-flash-player-dance? Did you ever buy
anything there? Did you ever pay *more* than the minimum, also if the
minimum was $0?

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte