Re: [LAU] OT: online music promition/what do you think of bandcamp?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 20 2009 - 08:26:31 EET

nescivi wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 November 2009 02:48:44 Atte André Jensen wrote:
>> Esben Stien wrote:
>>> As far as I know, this doesn't exist anywhere. There's no place I could
>>> go and buy electronically a CD or a DVD/Blu-ray and actually get the
>>> pure thing without any hassles or copy protection or whatever.
>> To bring the original topic back:
>>
>> Would you then buy something off bandcamp (provided the thing you were
>> looking for was available there)?
>>
>> There you can have flac, but would the flashplayer (I assume it's flash,
>> here it Just Works) throw you off?
>>
>> NB: I'm trying to talk you into buying my stuff, I'm just talking in a
>> general sense, trying to understand peoples motivations.
>
> Most of the music I bought recently was either the live music itself (i.e. the
> concert ticket), or cd's while at such concerts, in case I really liked the
> music that I heard.
> Not sure if that helps, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one...
> Maybe this just means to say, if you are doing concerts, make sure people can
> buy cd's right there, as they'll forget to do it online once they're back
> home. You have to catch them in the moment :)

Hmmm, haven't bought music electronically (download) except a few times
when a friend bought something through whichever service it is that lets
you and three other of your friends download it.

When I find something I like online, I try to buy it from the band's own
site or Amazon. I prefer to buy CDs.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden