Re: [LAU] ubuntu 9.10 RT and Jack

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 16:08:09 EET

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Gary Morgan <gmorgan777@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> i see..... well, then i guess i have to question my memlock or nice settings
> again, dont I?
>
> I've tried the standard settings, nice @ -19 and then up to 19, memlock at
> 100%, rt prio at 99.  Memlock to 50%, to 65%. I haven't screwed around with
> rtprio much, though......

just to reiterate a point that i regret needs to be made over and over
.. nice values have absolutely no relevance whatsoever to realtime
audio, and whoever originally started spreading the myth that they are
relevant should feel bad. occasionally, changing the nice value of an
application will make a difference, but its just good luck that it
works. applications either need more buffering or RT scheduling. nice
is irrelevant, and was never intended for this purpose.