[LAU] jconv conf file question

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 09:57:04 EET

I've been trying to find where I had once seen some documentation of the jconv conf file format, but can't find it.

The headings are:
in out gain delay offset length chan file

Now, in and out are the count of input and output channels, and gain is pretty self-explanatory.

"delay", I'm remembering from experimentation some years ago, is the pre-delay, i.e. after the sound is received and before it is applied to the impulse, yes?

Offset and length are ways of "chopping" or trimming the impulse, right? i.e. "offset" to remove any noise in the impulse WAV prior to the crack, and "length" to trim off residual noise after the echoes die down.

I'm not sure what "chan" is, though it seems like it wants to be the same as "out"-- the number of channels of the file. "file" is pretty obvious.

One more question: is there any way to route input channels to output channels inside jconv?

i.e. if I have two input channels, X and Y, and 4 output channels, A, B, C, D, is there some way to route X->A, Y->B, X->C, Y->D ?

-ken