Re: [LAU] all-track splice and move in Ardour

From: Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 19:15:31 EET

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Tapani Sysimetsä wrote:

> Ken Restivo wrote:
>> If you're just trying to cut a project in two:
>>
>> 1) Put a marker in for your chop point, save, and close the project.
>> 2) "cp -a" the original project directory to a new directory.
>> 3) Open the new directory, and delete everything on one side of the marker. Just select it, and delete, easy. Save. Close the project.
>> 4) In the old project, delete everything on the other side of the marker. Save.
>>
>> You now have two projects, one of which is "up to such-and-such point", and the other is "after such-and-such point".

> Well, if I got it right, Brent wants to modify the structure of the
> entire song, like e.g. moving the chorus section that now comes after
> 3rd verse to become after 1st verse already. This section may or may
> not include independent regions.

Yes, that's true. Basically, I've got a part in the middle that I
wanted to make into the new "beginning." Actually, I think I've found a
way to save it just the way it is without doing that though, which would
be good, because it flows better left the way I played it.

The only reason I didn't say anything though is because I was enjoying
all this good technical information about project editing. :)

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky