Re: [LAU] Flash problem

From: Emmanuel Saracco <esaracco@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 10 2009 - 10:57:19 EET

Hi,

Folderol a écrit :
> I've finally got around to thinking about upgrading my website,
> so thought it would be a good idea to have an embedded player as well as
> the download options. Well it seems that the only more-or-less universal
> players are all flash players.
>
> Not wonderful but I guess I can live with it. There were three that
> looked quite reasonable and easy to configure, and the all seem to work
> well enough, baring one problem.
>
> None of them has a transparent background - although the all claim to
> have the option :(
>
> I've tried all the various suggestions on different sites, but
> steadfastly get a white background. I'm only able to try this out with
> firefox at them moment, so I don't know if that's behaving strangely.
>
> Anyone else come across this problem and found a way round it, or,
> better still, anyone know of another plugin that will work on the
> majority of browsers?

I wrote a full-javascript audio player for my own use. You can view it here:

        http://www.esaracco.fr/en/musique

Actual basic features are:

        * Detail of the track.
        * Choice between Lo and Hi quality.
        * Previous/Next/Play/Stop buttons.
        * Download link.
        * Lyrics link for songs.
        * Tracks can be hosted locally or remotely (all actual tracks are
hosted on http://www.dogmazic.net, which can be on heavy load...).

Rudimentary, but it can be enhanced and extended if needed. If you are
interested, do not hesitate to join me off-list.

Bye