Re: [LAU] Music made with linux: Modlys - Et barn er født i Betlehem

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 13 2009 - 17:25:23 EET

Dave Phillips wrote:

> Overall this one sounds like an experiment with a new approach to
> production. Keep at it, we're listening. :)

While doing 170 bpm chiptunes might not be what comes most natural to
me, there were several reasons to pursue it anyhow:

1) In the context of a CD, the listener needs some change in mood and
dynamics. No matter how beautiful, 50 minutes of floating candy will get
on most peoples nerves in the long run.

2) After doing something like this I can more whole hearted do the
things that naturally falls out of my brain.

3) I think it's simply good (like in healthy) to do something that is
different and difficult, to stretch ones imagination and musicality.

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk