[LAU] Alphatrack: Delays?

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 14 2009 - 04:06:52 EET

Hey all,

I've got a Frontier Design
Alphatrack<http://www.frontierdesign.com/Products/AlphaTrack>,
which is supported on Linux using a kernel module.
I got that to compile & insert no problem, the AlsaSeq client shows up,
reading data from the
device is 100% perfect and time-accurate.

The problems start when I send messages back to the device, (to print on
screen, or turn on LEDS etc).
Sometimes the device reacts pretty quickly, but usually it takes a second or
more before the screen updates,
or the fader moves. In extreme cases it takes a good 5-7 seconds before
there's any respone in the unit.

I'm positive the commands I'm sending are perfect, as Python & C++ have both
been used to issue the commands,
and the Python version works on Windoze.

Does anybody have this too? Does anybody have good experiences with the
Alphatrack? I'd appreciate any\all feedback.
Cheers, -Harry