Re: [LAU] Alphatrack: Delays?

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 14 2009 - 04:58:55 EET

Hey,

> Sounds like you have a buffering problem? Is the data being stored on
> your computer until a newline or the buffer is full and then being
> sent as one chunk then?

From my code, I'm sending a sysex using pygame.midi.
See this PasteBin <http://pastebin.com/f7f920174> for my Python code.
When I run that code, "Hello" is printed on the bottom left of the screen,
with a plenty fast respone in windows. PortMidi also throws and Exception
on shut down. It can be ignored safely.

When I run the same code on my linux box, it takes about 1-5 seconds
before the screen is updated. Seem to me like the only way that's possible
is that somewhere between the Alphatrack AlsaSeqencer client and the kernel
module there's a delay.

In answer to your question, I dont think its my code thats waiting for a
newline.
I cant understand the source for the kernel module (lots of libUsb stuff)
well enough
to see if that waits for a full buffer. I doubt the author of that would do
that though.
(musical_snake@email-addr-hidden).

Cheers, -Harry

I tried contacting the author at that address, maybe its not in use
anymore..?